Dear Calvary Preparatory Academy Students & Families,
As the school’s Director, I am really excited about where we are going with standardized assessments this year, and I think you will be too! There can be a stigma surrounding assessments, but it’s usually the result of improper use and poor guidance. When used properly, standardized assessments can be incredible tools to help individual students grow in the areas they need the most support, and to help shape the school program to better support the entire student body. Did you know that Calvary Prep students, on average, have grown at double the national rate each year? Several years of results have helped to confirm that students are learning extensively at Calvary Prep.
For the past four years we have been using a powerful assessment tool that will allow us to pinpoint areas of strength and areas of weakness for our students. We can then use custom curriculum to support students in these specified areas at their individual performance levels. The process is a bit complicated, but we have the professional tools and experience to make it happen, including:
• Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) testing through Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA)
• MAP Skills- a system to assign lessons specific to students’ areas of need, as targeted by the assessment results
• More than 200 courses with varying strategies to match students’ needs.
• A powerful customized database to triangulate students’ assessments, grades, graduation plans, current enrollments, and SAT/ACT results
• A product line of adaptive tutorials that offer the most supportive, interactive version of curriculum all the way down to individual topics
This entire standardized assessment process is included for full-time students grades 2-11, may be requested for full-time seniors, and is available for purchase to part-time students upon request.
Your participation and feedback will be incredibly valuable as we use the tools God has given us to best support our students. Be on the look out for communications from your teacher or the administration to schedule your testing times.
In addition, a helpful parent guide can be downloaded by clicking here.
Calvary Preparatory Academy
1740 La Costa Meadows Drive STE 105
San Marcos, CA 92078
P (760) 410-8283