Calvary Preparatory Academy is blessed to have an incredible selection of board members to aide in the governance of our school. Together, these board members bring valuable experience, wisdom, and professional guidance to help direct the school to successfully maintain our mission.
Calvary Preparatory Academy Board of Directors
Ricky Amon (Board Member)
- Father of a current student at Calvary Preparatory Academy
- Founder, President, and CEO of Amon Marketing System LLC
- Chief Security: Hampton Inn Sea World/Airport
- Bachelor of Science in Information and Computer Science from University of Cordillera (BCF) Philippines with a major in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Founder & Director of Calvary Preparatory Academy.
- An experienced innovator in online education.
- CA credentials: Professional Clear Administrative- Point Loma Nazarene University, Single Subject Teaching – Azuza Pacific University.
- Holder of a BA in Philosophy and Theology from Point Loma Nazarene University and a MA in Education from Azusa Pacific University.
- Board member of American European Bethel Mission (AEBM)
- Established and maintained a successful online education program in a California public school.
- Engaged in the direction of online education by running a website database of online schools and accompanying information.
Kimberly Beck (Board Member)
- Original board member at the founding of the school
- Paralegal at Sullivan Law Firm
- Mother with experience in home schooling children
- Lifelong involvement in missions work with Radio Kahuzi, DR Congo
- Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of North Georgia
- Over 18 years experience in education
- Over 6 years experience in school administration
- Masters degree in school administration
- Specifically trained and experienced in instructional framework, lesson delivery, and clinical supervision
- Certified trainer for The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Proud father and husband
Scott Malone (Board Member)
- Deputy Fire Chief, Ret., 22 years in the fire service
- CEO Skytility – Cloud Technologies, co-founder of Freewire Broadband
- Disaster Response Team Leader, Medical Teams International – Cambodia, and Hurricane’s Katrina/Rita
- Oregon Health Science University Adjunct Instructor, BLS Instructor, Fire Service Instructor II
- Incident Management Team – Presidential Visit, International Airshows, TVFR, & Oregon State Fire Marshal
- B.S. Fire Service Administration, A.A.S Business, Advanced Paramedic Certification – OHSU, NREMT-Paramedic
- Executive Director of American European Bethel Mission (AEBM).
- School administrator and president.
- Extensive experience in founding and administering private schools.
- Served on countless boards, currently serving for Providence Hall of Santa Barbara and Police Activities League.
- Former associate pastor at Calvary Chapel Santa Barbara overseeing several ministries.
- Served as mission pastor and children’s pastor.
Lynn Smith (Board Member)
- 11 years teaching experience, 8 of which were overseas; Currently teaching in Anaheim Elementary School District
- Overseas teaching experience included a variety of academic environments included instructing multiple grade levels simultaneously, ‘one-room school house’ model, etc.
- Academic consultant for missionary families.
- Professional development includes attending conferences focused on supporting the academics of missionary kids, English Language Teachers Summer Seminar at Oxford University.
- Traveled to 20+ nations helping in orphanages, children’s ministry, outreach, etc.
- BA in Liberal Studies and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential including CLAD certification (Cross-Cultural, Language and Academic Development) from California State University, Fresno.