Not only does Calvary Prep offer an academically challenging online curriculum, but CPA students enjoy a well-rounded, vibrant school culture where they are encouraged and motivated to interact with each other and be an active part of their online community. So many friendships have been forged between the students at CPA – some just down the road, and some from across the world! We are excited to show you a bit of what CPA students are up to:
DAILY DISCUSSION FORUM
- Each school day, students are required to come together on the forum to discuss the day’s scripture reading and devotion provided by Mrs. White. Posting to the forum not only allows the students to interact with each other, but also serves as confirmation of their attendance at school for that day.
- Students are able to communicate with each other in this teacher-moderated setting regarding their thoughts on the reading, any prayer requests they may have, discuss theological questions and to encourage each other.
Students have live, teacher-led workshops available to them for the following subjects:
- Spanish with Mrs. Arriaga
- French with Mrs. St. Clair
- Math with Mrs. Russell
- Science with Dr. Van Wickle
STUDENT LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Students can participate for elective credit or on a volunteer basis. Students run for official school officer positions (i.e. President, Vice President, Secretary, Chaplain, Marketing and Public Relations Officer). Students then host school-wide monthly meetings where they create icebreaker social activities, share school announcements, recruit for clubs, oversee clubs, and deliver a message or host a guest speaker.
- The Leadership Team is responsible for school-community connections and public relations. They are required to take an active part in interacting in both the Daily Discussion Forum and the Prayer Forum. They are also required to message students individually and encourage involvement in the school community.
- This team heads up the fundraisers, helps recruit photos for the yearbook, and takes on any projects that arise in the fall semester. They are also required to participate in WASC activities and meetings.
- The class president is required to attend and lead all meetings for the school year and gives a “Farewell” video address to the senior class at the end of the school year.
- The Vice President communicates with CPA administration and staff to get current info for announcements and projects. This officer also fills in for the President in their absence.
- The Secretary takes attendance and minutes at all meetings and keeps the books in order.
- The Chaplain monitors the Prayer Request Forum and keeps us all informed. He/She opens and closes each meeting in prayer and prays over each request posted in the Prayer Request Forum.
- The Marketing and Public Relations officer organizes games and icebreakers for all meetings and is responsible for communication between