SENIOR COLLEGE APPLICATION TIMELINE
- Select about eight colleges that meet your criteria, are a good fit, and achievable.
- Determine the application requirements, deadlines, and financial aid.
- Find out which of these colleges accept the Common Application or Universal Application
- Start looking for Private Scholarships
- Start working on the applications and the essays
- Take any tests you still need, and have your scores sent to the colleges
- If you need to take a college entrance exam, register now.
- Ask your teacher and possibly other adults for Letters of Recommendation
- Complete the Financial Aid Profile and CSS if requested by the colleges
- If you have a test to take, take it now or register for the November or December exam
- Remember December is the last time to take an exam for college admission consideration
- Continue working on your college applications
- File your application for college ( some schools only accept from Nov 1-30)
- Have your transcripts sent to the colleges to which you apply
- Continue working on your applications
- Take any tests you have left to take
- Take your last test if needed
- Finish your applications
- Submit your completed applications if they accept them after Nov 30th
January / February –
- Complete the FAFSA form if you haven’t already
- Submit your mid year reports to the colleges that require them (7th semester transcript)
March / April –
- Colleges will let you know about their offers of admission and financial aid awards
- Weigh all the factors and select the college that best fits you academically, spiritually, personally, and financially.